Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Celebration

I haven't had a lot of time on my hands lately, but I wanted to take a moment to finally post a big, fat, happy HOORAY for NH legalizing gay marriage!

I have never felt so happy, so elated, as when I heard the news that our state had made the decision to change Kris' and my status as second class citizens. What a good way to kick of LGBT Pride Month, right? :D

Kris and I hugged and cried the biggest tears of joy when we heard the news. I felt happy and proud and overwhelmed.

The law won't be in effect in time for our ceremony, but that's okay. It'll make a great one year anniversary gift to ourselves to march over and sign those papers. Or, if we play our cards right, if one of us gets ourselves settled in a situation that we have insurance, maybe it'll even make a nice New Year's celebration. That'd be awesome, wouldn't it? At any rate- it's nice to know that the option is there, finally. It's nice to know that we're on the way to getting our lives into a place where we can face that possibility with a smile and a wink and know that it's real; the possibility is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment